Early photograph of Sografou (1867 – 1872). The refectory right in front of the church is not yet build. The houses below the wall are nowadays in ruins and overgrown by vegetation . Above these houses lies a building that is no longer there. This building will be replaced by the hospital building.
A couple of years later the hospital is build; the long white building on the left. The refectory (the extension in the centre of the monastery) is also completed. In 2009 the hospital building looked beautifull but was in a bad condtion. Bulgarian workers had their home there.In 2015 the building was completely renovated. Plastered chimneys and new wooden balconies. It had also a new destination: guestquarters for the pilgrims.
The other side of the building in 2009 and in 2015.