Early photo of Bogoroditsa Xylourgou app. 1875.
Nicholas Fennell in his book The Russians on Athos writes:
There has been much debate about the origins of Russian monasticism on Athos, The view held traditionally by Russians is that the first Rusik, or Russian monastery on Athos, dates back to the beginning of the 11th century. It is called Bogoroditsa Xylourgou and is situated on the north-eastern side of the peninsula, between Vatopedi and Pantokratoros.
On 15 august 1169, Abbot Lavrenty, asked Ioannis the then Protos and the 27 assembled abbots to give him a new monastery because his brethren were too many for Xylourgou. He was granted in perpetuity the ruined and deserted monastery of The Thesssalonian (Thesssalonikeos or in Russian Salonikytsa) dedicated to St. Panteleimon. (Could this be Old Roussikon? hv)