In 1997 we walked from Sk. Annis to Lavra. A couple of kilometers before Lavra the path stopped and an pile of wood was right before us. Apparently an avalanche of trees had come of the holy mountain. It was enormous and we had to climb over it. When we in 2008 returned to the the same place the river of trees was completely overgrown with bushes and new trees. Amazing what nature can do in a short period. You will find this place on the Zwerger map underneath the word Aforismena.
- 2264 – a drone footage of skiti Panteleimonos and the cell of Ag. Paisios
- 2263 – FoMA footpath team 2022 – part 2: the path from Vatopedi towards Esfigmenou
- 2262 – a drone footage of three towers of Mount Athos
- 2261 – a new site with routes for hikers on Mount Athos
- 2260 – a drone footage of Ag. Vasiliou, arsanas Chilandariou and the Milutin tower
- 2259 – the Abbots of all Athos monasteries
- 2258 – a drone footage of Vatopedi and unique images of the ruins of the Kolitsou tower
- 2257 – a drone footage of the Athonias Academy
Bertinos on 2262 – a drone footage o… iulianadamian on 2064 – a closer look at… Vasílis on 2064 – a closer look at… iulianadamian on 2064 – a closer look at… Iuliana Dumitrașcu on 2064 – a closer look at… Vasílis on 2259 – the Abbots of all… athosweblog on 2259 – the Abbots of all… Bertie Dijkstal on 2259 – the Abbots of all… athosweblog on 2242 – the documentary… Adrian on 2242 – the documentary…
- 01 Lavra
- 02 Vatopedi
- 03 Iviron
- 04 Chilandariou
- 05 Dionysiou
- 06 Koutloumousiou
- 07 Pantocratoros
- 08 Xiropotamou
- 09 Sografou
- 10 Docheiariou
- 11 Karakallou
- 12 Filotheou
- 13 Simonos Petras
- 14 Paulou
- 15 Stavronikita
- 16 Xenofontos
- 17 Grigoriou
- 18 Esfigmenou
- 19 Panteleimonos
- 20 Konstamonitou
- basic information/reservations
- Nea Skiti
- Paleo Monastiro
- Skiti Andreou
- Skiti Anna
- Skiti Lakkou
- Skiti Profitou Eliou
- Timiou Stavrou
- trip 1989
- trip 2007
- trip 2009: Herman's group
- trip 2009: Wim's group
- trip 2011: Herman's group
- trip 2011: Wim's group
- trip 2013
- trip 2014
- trip 2015
- trip 2017
- Trip 2018
- Trip 2019
- Trip 2022
Athos – Agios Oros
- the Abbots of (almost) all Athos monasteries athosweblog.com/2023/02/20/225… 1 month ago
- a drone footage of Vatopedi and unique images of the ruins of the Kolitsou tower athosweblog.com/2023/02/15/225… 1 month ago
- a drone footage of the Athonias Academy athosweblog.com/2023/01/06/225… 2 months ago
- the ruins of the Athonias or Athonite academy athosweblog.com/2022/12/29/225… 2 months ago
- December 1st: 2022 heavy rains on Mount Athos / Dionysiou athosweblog.com/2022/12/11/225… 3 months ago
Did anyone know the price of the Henry Dropsy Mont Athos bronze medal ?
A specialist on coins and medals told me that a medal like this one is worth approximatly (not more then) EUR 50.
I want to thank you for the immediate reply to my answer.
Actually,I asked for the price because two different specialists in Athens told me two different prices.
The first one told me that the estimated price for the medal is more than 1000 euros cause the medal is very rare for someone to find it but the other one told me that the estimated price is around 50 euros.
That means that there is a difference of 1900 % between them so it was quite impossible to reach and find out the current price of the Mount Athos bronze millennium medal.
Thanks a lot because you helped me but I still must try to solve the problem !
If you have any further details or information please let me know as soon as possible.