In 1918 the phiale on the courtyard of Koutloumousiou stood next to the entrance of the refectory (trapeza). On the right the entrance of the refectory with the semantron and the blue door. Autochrome by Fernand Cuville.
This recent photo is shot from another angle. The phiale is moved to the other side of the refectory, hardly visible behind the tree. In its place a new round chapel has been build. The white plaster of the refectory is removed and the stone bricks are visible again.