In 1853 a photographer climbed the wooden stairs of the monastery of Lavra with his heavy equipment to place his camera in front of this window overlooking the courtyard.
The photographer made this picture. The whole length of the eastside of the monastery is to be seen. From the window above in the corner of the building till the tower at the end.This is how it looks in May 2017. The cypress on the right is now 164 years older. Other cypresses died in the meantime. The domes and the main tower are still there. The slope of the hill is unchanged.
Very nice, then and now photograph. Thanks.