The courtyard of Gregoriou in 1853. Maybe the oldest or one of the oldest photographs of this monastery. The roofs of the exo-narthex in the middle and the refectory on the right are covered with slate. In 2011 the roof is made from lead and on the left 5 mosaic icons are placed. The design of the cupolas has changed also.On one of the last days in 2014 it started snowing and the roofs and courtyard turned slowly white. Some of the monks couldn’t resist the fresh snow and for a short moment the courtyard was a childrens playground. Read and see more about this remarkable moment here.This is the courtyard in 2015 in the conventional Athos manner. A monk is beating the semantron to announce that the service is about to begin.