1835 – reservation by email: modern times on Athos?

I think there is not a pilgrim who had no difficulties to make a swift and easy reservation to spend a night in monastery. The reason? They still use the oldfashioned fax. Eather you do not get connexion, or it might be that the fax machine is out of order or monks just don’t answer your fax message.

This is why it is hopefull to see that more and more monasteries and skites throw their fax machines finally out and start to communicate by email. I have been collecting email adresses in the past time and with the help of our readers I have collected some adresses.

The big question is, is the list complete? Who can help us to add more email adresses, to provide our readers with the most up-to-date information ? Please help us and sent a comment or email.

To start with: every pilgrimage to Athos starts with a email send to the pilgrimsbureau in Ouranopolis:

athosreservation@gmail.com

Email adresses of the monasteries:

We have 16 adresses of monasteries now, we are doing a good job: only 4 to go (30/11/16).

Skites

Nea skiti: evangelismos.neaskiti@gmail.com(thanks Michael, 12/2/17). Or try to contact Father Eusebios Christofi from England on Facebook.

Skiti Xenofontos: eugeniosathos@gmail.com or nikonathos@gmail.com

Kellion

Timiou Stavrou – Father David: crest1969@hotmail.com

Michalis made me aware of this website from the Mount Athos Center, with lots of information.

I did not have any suitable pictures for this post, that’s why I will share the recent pictures of something totally different: on the Dutch Athos Facebook site of Vasilis I found the rare pictures of monk Eusebios Christofi from Nea Skiti, who has been digging up the bones of Father Dimitrios last Monday, who died three years ago.Father Dimitrios excavated by Eusebios Christofi july 2016 1Father Dimitrios with his hat (and his artificial hip)Father Dimitrios excavated by Eusebios Christofi Ne Skiti July 2016 2Father Dimitrios’ bones spread out on a kitchen table

Wim, 30/11/2016 update 3

This entry was posted in basic information/reservations and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to 1835 – reservation by email: modern times on Athos?

1. Ioan says:

Agiou Pavlou – monastery (moni@agiou-pavlou.gr ; evdokimos@me.com)

2. michalis says:

Xenophontos monastery: arhontariki@imxenophontos.gr

3. Alasdair Brooks says:

I’m fairly certain I had an e-mail confirmation from Philotheou for my 2014 trip. Philotheou and Iviron (which you already have) confirmed by e-mail; Gregoriou and the Lavra didn’t. I’ll see if I still have that Philotheou address on record somewhere, and can hunt it down; but even if not, I know they do have one.

4. Bart Corijn says:

Het e-email adres van Grigoriou is: imog@cosmotemail.gr

5. athosweblog says:

Joseph, just to be sure: is “layras” spelled alright, or should it be “lavras”?
    Regards, Wim

6. michalis says:

Esphigmenou at Karyes : info@esphigmenou.gr

7. Vasílis says:

Nr 03 above, Iviron: you read now imiviron, starting with ‘i’. Should be starting with ‘m’. (see Michalis’ reply

8. Nathaniel says:

The second email of the Nea Skiti is wrong. When I sent them a letter for reservation I received this reply:

Dear Sir, this is a personal email and cannot respond to hospitality notes. Thank you!
    Αυτό είναι προσωπικό email και δεν ανταποκρίνεται σε αιτήματα φιλοξενίας. Ευχαριστώ πολύ!

The first email: eugeniosathos@gmail.com is not the email of Nea Skiti too. This is email of the Xenofontini skiti.

9. athosweblog says:

Thanks for your update! I knew that father Nikon en Eugenios from Nea skiti would move to skiti Xenofontos, but I didn’t know when. Wim

• Aliaksandr says:

Dear Brothers, could you please provide e-mail of Agios Andreas Skiti, Nea Skiti, Kafsokalivion Skiti?

• athosweblog says:

Sorry, we do not have any infomation about emailadresses of these three skiti. I had one of father Nikon, but he moved to skiti Xenofontos. Maybe he can give you an email adress in Nea Skiti. nikonathos@gmail.com . Or you can try to reach father Eusebios Christofi through Facebook, he lives in Nea Skiti.

10. Велимир says:

10 Docheiariou – dohiarmon@gmail.com

11. Michael Richter says:

Maybe I can give an email adress in Nea Skiti: evangelismos.neaskiti@gmail.com or iera.nea.skiti@gmail.com .

12. Sean Surlow says:

This is a great list… I look forward to seeing it as it gets updated.

13. Sean Surlow says:

This is a great list… I look forward to seeing it as it gets updated. Very Interesting photographs of the disinterred Fr. It makes you realize how short our time here on Earth is and to make the most of our time here…