This collection of photo’s was donated by the grand duke Konstantin Romanov to the Panteleimonos monastery when he was visiting in 1881. Photos are dated 1867-1872. One of the oldest images of the monasteries. Starting with nr. 1 in rank Lavra ending with nr. 20 Konstamonitou.
This last picture is the then Russian skiti Profitou Eliou almost unrecognizable because in the current situation there are larger buildings and a large church and no windmill anymore. For a description of all the photos look here.