Today we will take a closer look at the interior of building A, the hospital (the left part of the building on this picture, see A on the plan below).
The entrance to building A in the couryard (D), with the ruins of the church C on the background
The guestroom, where old pictures of the Tsar can be seen on the wall (with our driver waiting)
Tsar Nicolas II
The Tsar family, with a bottle of Kormilitsa red wine (“the Kremlin house wine”) and a picture of Putin (?) in front of the Panteleimonos on the desk.
Detail of the picture
The hospital hallway with doors to the rooms
Panorama picture of Chromitsa, blurred by flashlight.
Detail of this picture, with the church C still in tact and a Dutch – not Greek – type of windmill
Here another photo of Herman, with the ruined church in detail: as you can see, the building A/B, the hospital, was not yet build. The church dates from 8 Juli 1882, according to this webiste.
A frame with different images of religious places
A (primitive) wall painting
Panteleimonos (before the fire)
A water tap
A room where the sick monks were treated/livingView from a balcony, looking at the courtyard D and a ruined builing
From the same spot, but now in the direction of E, the gate and building G
Detail of the painting above the gate
View from the other side of the building A
From the same spot, but in the direction of building H on the right, with the vegetable gardens of the monks and storage buildings on the left.