832 – Father Simeon de la Jara

Afbeelding_8
When, in 1974, the entire monastery relocated to Agios Grigorios (St Gregory) on Mount Athos, Simeon followed, living at the Agios Grigorios Monastery until 1987. He subsequently became a hermit, moving to the old hermits cell of Timios Stavros near the Stavronikita monastery, where he built a new dependency and formed a complex.

More.
hv

This entry was posted in people. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to 832 – Father Simeon de la Jara

1. George says:

Father Simeon was the first ever Priestmonk I met from the Holy Mountain while I was still a child in Australia. Truly a great man. I always try and visit his hermitage every time I pass it on the way to Stavronikita.

2. Hadrian Liem says:

Dear Sir;

I am a philatelist and I would like to collect the stamps of Aghion Oros, right from the beginning. I have heard that the first issues of Mt. Athos independent postal stamps began in 2008.
    Could you tell me how can buy these stamps [including this year’s issues].
    Thank you and looking forward to hear from you.
    Yours,
    Hadrian Liem.

3. Rainer Ludwig says:

Dear Mr. Liem,

I read your question about stamps of Aghion Oros.
    Please take this link for your information
    -of course in Greek and English-

Kind regards Rainer

4. Cecilia Egues says:

George, I am Cecilia Egues. I met Father Simeon when I lived in Lima, Peru before he left for a long trip. I really would like to get in touch with him, again. If you know where can I write him a letter or email, could you please so kind to let me know. Thanks

• Luminita Maria Ifrim says:

Dear George, dear Cecilia, if you think that Father Simeon will not be disturbed by my letter, could please give me an address, in case you have one?
      Luminita Maria

• Cecilia Egues says:

I would like to know where I can write Father Simeon…. but the last new about him is his visit to Oxapampa in Peru on August 2013