When, in 1974, the entire monastery relocated to Agios Grigorios (St Gregory) on Mount Athos, Simeon followed, living at the Agios Grigorios Monastery until 1987. He subsequently became a hermit, moving to the old hermits cell of Timios Stavros near the Stavronikita monastery, where he built a new dependency and formed a complex.
- 2264 – a drone footage of skiti Panteleimonos and the cell of Ag. Paisios
- 2263 – FoMA footpath team 2022 – part 2: the path from Vatopedi towards Esfigmenou
- 2262 – a drone footage of three towers of Mount Athos
- 2261 – a new site with routes for hikers on Mount Athos
- 2260 – a drone footage of Ag. Vasiliou, arsanas Chilandariou and the Milutin tower
- 2259 – the Abbots of all Athos monasteries
- 2258 – a drone footage of Vatopedi and unique images of the ruins of the Kolitsou tower
- 2257 – a drone footage of the Athonias Academy
Bertinos on 2262 – a drone footage o… iulianadamian on 2064 – a closer look at… Vasílis on 2064 – a closer look at… iulianadamian on 2064 – a closer look at… Iuliana Dumitrașcu on 2064 – a closer look at… Vasílis on 2259 – the Abbots of all… athosweblog on 2259 – the Abbots of all… Bertie Dijkstal on 2259 – the Abbots of all… athosweblog on 2242 – the documentary… Adrian on 2242 – the documentary…
- 01 Lavra
- 02 Vatopedi
- 03 Iviron
- 04 Chilandariou
- 05 Dionysiou
- 06 Koutloumousiou
- 07 Pantocratoros
- 08 Xiropotamou
- 09 Sografou
- 10 Docheiariou
- 11 Karakallou
- 12 Filotheou
- 13 Simonos Petras
- 14 Paulou
- 15 Stavronikita
- 16 Xenofontos
- 17 Grigoriou
- 18 Esfigmenou
- 19 Panteleimonos
- 20 Konstamonitou
- basic information/reservations
- Nea Skiti
- Paleo Monastiro
- Skiti Andreou
- Skiti Anna
- Skiti Lakkou
- Skiti Profitou Eliou
- Timiou Stavrou
- trip 1989
- trip 2007
- trip 2009: Herman's group
- trip 2009: Wim's group
- trip 2011: Herman's group
- trip 2011: Wim's group
- trip 2013
- trip 2014
- trip 2015
- trip 2017
- Trip 2018
- Trip 2019
- Trip 2022
Athos – Agios Oros
- the Abbots of (almost) all Athos monasteries athosweblog.com/2023/02/20/225… 1 month ago
- a drone footage of Vatopedi and unique images of the ruins of the Kolitsou tower athosweblog.com/2023/02/15/225… 1 month ago
- a drone footage of the Athonias Academy athosweblog.com/2023/01/06/225… 2 months ago
- the ruins of the Athonias or Athonite academy athosweblog.com/2022/12/29/225… 2 months ago
- December 1st: 2022 heavy rains on Mount Athos / Dionysiou athosweblog.com/2022/12/11/225… 3 months ago
Father Simeon was the first ever Priestmonk I met from the Holy Mountain while I was still a child in Australia. Truly a great man. I always try and visit his hermitage every time I pass it on the way to Stavronikita.
I am a philatelist and I would like to collect the stamps of Aghion Oros, right from the beginning. I have heard that the first issues of Mt. Athos independent postal stamps began in 2008.
Could you tell me how can buy these stamps [including this year’s issues].
Thank you and looking forward to hear from you.
Dear Mr. Liem,
I read your question about stamps of Aghion Oros.
Please take this link for your information
-of course in Greek and English-
Kind regards Rainer
George, I am Cecilia Egues. I met Father Simeon when I lived in Lima, Peru before he left for a long trip. I really would like to get in touch with him, again. If you know where can I write him a letter or email, could you please so kind to let me know. Thanks
Dear George, dear Cecilia, if you think that Father Simeon will not be disturbed by my letter, could please give me an address, in case you have one?
Thank you ,
I would like to know where I can write Father Simeon…. but the last new about him is his visit to Oxapampa in Peru on August 2013
I would like to contact father Symeon. Do you know where I can write to him.
Thanks in advance
Father Simeon is the Elder of the Stavronikita kelion of Timios Stavros.
You should address your letter as: Elder Simeon, Stavronikita Kelion of Timios Stavros, 63086 Karyes, Agion Oros, Greece.