* 1.5kg fresh white fish (rockfish, cod, monkfish, haddock)
* 3 potatoes, peeled and finely chopped
* 1 onion, finely chopped
* 3 carrots, finely chopped
* juice of 1 lemon
* 1 handful flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
* 1 handful dill, finely chopped
* Sea salt
* 2 teaspoons ground cumin
* Olive oil
Put the fish in a saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Skim off the foam that gathers on the top.
Fry the potatoes, onion and carrot in olive oil until the pan has boiled.
Add the vegetables (plus oil from the frying pan) and salt to the fish and simmer for fifteen minutes.
for a good salad try this:
Melitzanosalata Agioritiki (Athonite Eggplant Salad)
“There are different ways to make eggplant salad, a very common summer salad in my country. This is a version called ‘agioritiki’ named from mount Athos (Agion Oros). It’s refreshing with smoky flavor and can stay refrigerated up to three days. Serve it as a salad or on top of whole-wheat bread slices.”
For the recipe click here.