Procession of the icon of the Portaitissa at Iveron Monastery
Photographer: Christophoridis, Georgios
Idem in 1927-28 Photographer: Ali Sami Vei, see thumbnail
in the 9th century this icon, Portaitissa or Our Lady at the Gate, came to Athos (on is own in a pillar of fire) and when the monks placed it in the main church of Iviron it would not stay there. Three times the icon replaced itself to the gate. Then they decided to build a special chapel near the gate where is to this day. (G. Speake page 21)
Watch the gold and rolexes below.
Wat een verschil…